The real estate industry in Nigeria has become a major contributor to Nigeria’s economic growth.
Despite the recent financial crisis in the country and the devaluation of the Naira that slowed businesses and crumbled economic activities, the real estate industry has proven to be vibrant and defiant against all odds. A good question to ask is how is it that the industry has strived and not badly affected by economic downturn. A good place to start from in addressing this question is to look at the fact that the housing demand in Nigeria is high and unmet.
Strategic sessions are critical to the development and expansion of Nigeria’s economy. It represents the science of crafting and formulating tactics and goals directed at optimally achieving organizational objectives.
In other to reach the full potential of what the real estate sector has to offer,, experts, professionals, and stakeholders in the Nigeria real estate sector need to come together to discuss the most pertinent issues and challenges currently faced in this sector of our nation’s economy, as well as proffer solutions to these challenges. This view was expressed by Professor Gbenga Nubi, Dean of Estate Management at the University of Lagos.
What this means in essence is that engaging all stakeholders and holding powerful collaborative strategies are the most efficient ways of effecting change and finding lasting solutions for sustainable development.
At the real estate unite 2016 themed “filling the G.A.P.S” , GAPS being an acronym for Government, Access, Private sector and Strategy sessions, there will be a meeting of minds of some of the brightest minds in the Nigerian real estate sector.
This strategy session will be focused on three core areas which are:
- Retail Strategy Session (moderated by Mr. Bolaji Edu, CEO Broll)
Redirecting retail for local business
State of the retail (depleting resources, cancelled commitments from foreign investors, scaled participation from foreign brands).
- Office Strategy Session (Moderated by Ruth Obih, CEO 3INVEST)
Redefining the look and feel of office spaces for the millennial workspace.
- Change in commercial office fundamentals
- Value for money consciousness amongst tenants
- How generation X is changing the face of commercial office real estate
- Affordable Housing (Moderated by Tosin Ajose, Associate Partner, Detail Commercial Solicitors)
Myths or Reality?
- Affordable housing scorecard for Nigeria (Past NMRC)
- Understanding federal Government affordable housing Policy trust)
- Role of Private Sector in affordable housing delivery
- Understanding investment dynamics
Real Estate Unite 2016 takes place on the 6th and 7th of October at the Eko Convention Centre, Lagos.
To register for this event, go to www.realestateunite.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org