http://3invest.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/flood-1.jpg 450 624 admin http://3invest.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/3invest-logo.png admin2017-09-12 16:06:222017-09-12 17:07:448 things you can do to prepare and Minimize flood damage
There are a number of things you can do to prepare for a flood and minimize damage.
- Structures should not be built in a flood plain.
- Keep your furnace, water heater, and electric panel elevated, especially if you live in an area where flooding is likely.
- Put together an emergency kit and make plans with your family — something that is ideal for any emergency situation, not just flooding.
- If you find yourself under a flood warning, make sure to pay attention to radio or television warnings.
- If you have time prior to an evacuation, turn off utilities at the main switches and disconnect electrical appliances.
- Move furniture and important items to higher levels in your house and bring in any outdoor furniture.
- Avoid contact with flood water. It may contain oil, gasoline, raw sewage, or any number of undesirable materials.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with clean water before eating, and do not drink from contaminated sources.